- Avoid retinol 48hrs before appointment
- Avoid active ingredients such as AHA's and BHA's 48hrs before appointment
- Avoid direct sun exposure 1-2 weeks before treatment
- Avoid botox injections 2 weeks prior, and filler 4 weeks prior to appointment
- Try to avoid direct sun exposure
- Moisturize and protect your fresh skin as much as possible
- WEAR SPF! Re-apply throughout the day especially the week following the face treatment.
CHEMICAL PEELS POST-CARE
(Downtime 1-7 days depending the strength of peel)
- Avoid makeup for 2-3 days
- Skin will begin to peel after 3-5 days, avoid picking and pulling the peeling skin
- A post-peel take-home kit will be provided for you. You must use it for 7 days. You may go back to regular skincare routine after.
- AVOID DIRECT SUN EXPOSURE for 1-2 weeks!
- SPF MUST BE WORN EVERYDAY
(Downtime - 24 hours)
- Avoid touching face, keep pets away from face!
- Change pillowcase
- Avoid washing face for 24hrs
- Use only hyaluronic acid for the first 24 hrs; avoid makeup 24-48 hrs
- After 24 hours, you may wear mineral makeup; after 48hrs you can wear regular makeup
- Redness subsides 24-72 hours after treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 24-48hrs.
- After 48hrs, start wearing SPF!
- Avoid active ingredients for at least 5 days
(Downtime: 3-5 days)
- Avoid direct and indirect sun-exposure for at least 3 days
- Avoid washing face for 24 hours. After 24 hours use a gentle cleanser and cleanse lightly.
- Apply healing ointment/balm or vaseline 4 times a day for the first 3 days
- Avoid makeup for 3 days!
- Track marks/redness/red dots will subside in about 3 days but some may last up to a week
- Start Wearing SPF after 3 days!
- Avoid active ingredients for 7-10 days
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Avoid waxing and epilating for 4 weeks prior to appointment
- Shave right before appointment, and continue ONLY shaving between appointments
- Avoid sun exposure 2-3 weeks before laser!
- Avoid active ingredients for 48 hrs on treatment area
- Avoid perfume, lotion and deodorant on treatment area (before your appointment)
- Avoid sun exposure 2-3 weeks after laser hair removal
- Avoid hot showers, saunas and hot tubs for 24 hours after laser hair removal
- If irritation occurs, apply ice pack and/or aloe vera
- Do not scratch or pick freshly lasered skin
TREATMENT CONTA-INDICATIONS (applies to most treatments):
- the use of Accutane in the last 6 months
- excessively tanned or burned skin
- allergies (please inform your Aesthetician of any allegies)
- peacemaker or defibrillator
- Certain medical conditions which slow down natural healing, such as Diabetes
- Compromised immune system